- Black Leather Jacket - goes with everything, plus makes any outfit look awesome and instantly more stylish.
- Black + Grey Blazer - another wardrobe staple, but a little lighter and more dressed up than the leather jacket.
- Tan Well Fitted Trench Coat - the ultimate feminine coat
- Denim Jacket - a more casual version than the leather jacket
- Black Midi Skirt - essential and easy to throw on with another basic piece
- LBD - a proper length, and a well fitting black dress
- Black Ruffled Mini Skirt + Printed Skirt - sexy with heels and perfect with Birks. Worn with Converse and opting out for boots is another option.
- Slouchy Silk Pants - one of the most comfy but dressed up pants to own.
- Black Suit Pants/Trouser pants - an ongoing favorite
- Boyfriend Jeans - plus your boyfriends knit, a sneaker or sandal
- Basic Skinny Jeans - for that perfect little getaway of all black everything.
- White Skinny Jeans - clean and simple
- Maxi Skirt - in silk, chiffon, wool.. simply perfection
- Leather Shorts - perfection
- Vintage Levi’s Denim Shorts - for hot lazy days
- White, Grey, Navy + Black T-Shirts - the inevitable basics.
- White Beach Cover-Up - need I say more?
- White + Black Silk Shirts - in the same inevitable basics category as all the t-shirts
- Light Blue Cotton Shirt - for when you want the mannish chic and dress up like a boy.
- Flannel Plaid Shirt - over sized and comfortable for any casual outfit
- Houndstooth Sweater or Blazer - for a subtle touch of a trend
- Black Oversized Knit - a good throw-on for when it gets colder
- Heeled Sandals - for events/dinners/date night outs
- Black/Creme or White Converse - for airplanes, shopping and running errands.
- Black ankle Boots with a little heel - the ultimate everyday shoe
- Black Birkenstocks - for comfort
- Leopard/cheetah printed loafer - they go just as well with boyfriend jeans as they do with skinny’s.
- Sneakers - for street wear or running
- Black Shoulder Bag - giving in to that ‘it’ or trend bag of the season
- Black Everyday Bag - for when a bigger bag is needed
- Carry-All Pouch - good for going out, or to grab a coffee
- Wool Scarf - layering, and warmth
- Plaid Printed Scarf - adding that subtle color or pattern to a simple and basic outfit.
- Black Wool Hat - the perfect circular shape, not quite a fedora and not quite a farmers hat
- Black over the Knee Socks - ideal for outfitting as the cooler weather approaches
- Sunglasses - black, classic, and the right shape that compliments your face.
- Boyfriend Watch - something slightly to big but not overly (image: what-do-i-wear)
Margaret Cho (via felicefawn)
Alexandra Rabe by Delta Element for C-Heads
Kate Moss by Kim Knott for Vogue UK December 1993